$7.99 FLAT RATE OR FREE SHIPPING OVER $65 🚚 | Reaper Robs wins "Best Gluten-Free Hot Sauce Brand - USA" Award! 🏆
Restaurant Style Habanero Salsa Recipe
Posted on August 23 2021,
|I had a single habanero pepper ripen up over the weekend and needed something to do with it. I made this salsa and it turned out perfect. It had just enough spice not to be overwhelming and the fire roasted tomatoes added a great flavor.|
Habaneros are a very hot pepper so you only need one for a batch. If you like it hotter, add another habanero or jalapeno. You could also add a teaspoon of Reaper Rob's Ghost Sauce to give it more kick.
- 28 oz can of fire roasted, diced tomatoes
- 1 habanero chile
- 1 jalapeno chile
- 1/2 white onion
- 1 clove garlic
- A few sprigs cilantro (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp cooking oil
- In a blender, combine the diced tomatoes, onion, cilantro, garlic, apple cider vinegar, and salt.
- Remove the stems from the chiles and dice them up. I removed the seeds to keep the heat lower. If you want more heat, keep some or all of the seeds. NOTE! Use gloves when handling the chiles. If you touch your mouth or eyes after handling them, it will burn if you don't use gloves or thoroughly wash your hands.
- Add the chiles and blend until smooth.
- In a saucepan, heat the cooking oil to hot. Once the oil is hot, pour the blended salsa into the hot oil to season it.
- Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 20 minutes to thicken and intensify the flavor.
- Let cool and store in the fridge until ready to use.